Today I went through a big box of scraps. Some had already been cut into 2 1/2 inch strips. This is my meager attempt to be organized like Bonnie Hunter. I ended up with a shoe box size container of 2 1/2 inch strips, some 2 1/2 inch squares and some three inch strips. Not a bad start. There are a few other boxes to clear out, but I'm feeling satisfied with my progress. I also created on container for all orphan blocks.
Earlier in the week I finished a quilt top for a great nephew. I am scheduled for a lesson on using the long arm machine at a local quilt store. It will be interesting. Here is Brandon's quilt top.
|Brandon's quilt top|
Lastly I have been working on blocks for a Scrappy Mountain Majesty for my son. I'm not sure which layout I will use when it is done, and my son is absolutely no help. I wanted it to look something like the Smokey Mountains. Not sure if my fabric selections for the sky is working. So I have about half done...and many to go.
|A sampling of blocks|
|An option for layout.|
I am not thinking too far ahead. Hopefully the design solution will be clearer when I have more blocks completed.
Tuesday the machine goes to the shop and I'll be hand sewing. Let hope the snow misses us. Everyone have a great week.