Sunday, August 18, 2013

Lazy Sunday - ready for the quilter

I am one happy camper. I finished Bonnie Hunter's Lazy Sunday mystery quilt. I've checked it once and checked it twice.  As far as I can see there are no upside down or sideways blocks. It  looks good. I am pleased with the results. My colors are not too far off Bonnie's. I choose a softer colorway. The colors she used where too close to my Easy Street colors. I didn't want to be repetitive, so I made a little change. She used orange. I used yellow. My greens where softer and my background was pretty much tone on tone. I also use a more controlled scrappy than Bonnie. This is partly by plan, but also because I don't have that much variety in my scraps.


Bonnie Hunter's - Lazy Sunday



I've never done a pieced border and at first I was a little intimidated. It just took lots of pins, some time and the needle down function on my machine to make everything come together as it should. The picture below shows the corner detail.


Pieced borders.

I say it is done, but there are some threads to trim and a final pressing. I hope to get a nicer picture for the linky Bonnie Hunter says she is having in September. If you have never done one of Bonnie's Mystery Quilt I hope you check out her site. She will be doing a new Mystery sometime around Thanksgiving.  Click the  Quiltville tab on this site to connect with Bonnie.

Last week we said we where starting a new quilt for Jana's mother. We got a start, but got side tracked by spools. So next week, we promise. Thanks for checking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment