Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Highlights of Quilt Show in Port Clinton, Ohio


I had a wonderful working holiday in Port Clinton, Ohio.  Two weekends ago the Ohio Star Guild had it's quilt show. This was my first experience entering anything in a show. As a newer quilter I was glad this was not a competitive show (other than viewers choice quilt). There was no pressure, just an opportunity to share your work with others. I was amazed by the work required to put a quilt show together. These women are very organized! They did an amazing job.

How to make a hexie

Demonstration
They present a quilt show every two years. I am already thinking about projects for the next show. I've shared the projects I entered before so these are just a few quilt from others.



 I thought I had all the Big Leaf projects. This sample gives you an idea of the diversity in this pattern. What a fun class it was.

Big Leaf-From Pat Pauley workshop
Big Leaf-From Pat Pauley Workshop



 Round Robin Quilts.


















These bright and beautiful quilts caught my eye. It's the mixture of shape and color that attracted me to these quilts. They are real beauties. The quilts where hung in rows and it was hard to get a straight on picture.  I've  included a close up to show some detail. These are so outside of my comfort zone, but I am feeling inspired to make the stretch.





Finally a few special quilts that are just darn cute!.



A good idea for those old ties.

I hope you enjoyed this summary of the show. There were over 100 quilts so it's impossible to show everything. Please take some time to support the local quilt guilds in your area by attending local quilt shows. Inspiration will surround you.

No comments:

Post a Comment