Monday, June 10, 2013

Quilts for Dad - Show and Tell

One of the on line communities I enjoy being part of is Quilting Bloggers. This includes bloggers around the world. It's hard to believe, but there are thousands of blogs about quilting. Each week there is a Show and Tell where quilters can share their quilts. The online community votes on their favorite. The quilts are just fantastic.

Normally I just look at the beautiful pictures each week and vote for my favorite. The majority of these quilters are much more skilled than I am. Still I decided to add one of my quilts to the voting. I have to admit the picture isn't the greatest. And the quilt is plain. But it's a quilt that I really enjoyed making for my DH. He loves to fish and I wanted to surprise him with a quilt that had the look of being around fish camp for many summers. And it is not about winning, but about sharing what we love to do. One can not really be part of a community if you only sit on the sidelines and watch the action. You have to jump in and enjoy the fun from time to time.

The pattern is My Old Brown Shoe. The pattern called for several squares to be raw appliqued on each block. That was a bit much for me. So I decided to pick and choose the blocks where the applique would add something to the design. I call the quilt Old Brown Shoe at Fish Camp.
Finished quilt (I mean top-had not been quilted at this point)
Close up off blocks with fish


Of all the times to need batteries in my camera, it is not today. I thought I had a picture of this quilted, but can't seem to locate it. When I get the camera up and running I'll snag the quilt from my  hubby and I will add a picture of the quilting. Sandy did an all over quilt design of fishing lures! It is fabulous.

Click the show and tell button to be connected to the sites. You can enter your quilts. Voting starts on Friday and ends Monday.  You can also click onto the Quilting Bloggers button to see what all the excitement is about.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment