Saturday, August 3, 2013

North to Lake Erie

We've continued our adventures in spooling and have added another 40 spool blocks or so to our supply. I purchase a cute little two level craft bin (for the cute little spools). I have one level for  finished blocks and one for the spool kits. This is going to be a long term project, so we are trying to stay organized.

Even more exciting is that Quiltmaker magazine arrived with the instructions for the last step of Bonnie Hunter's Lazy Sunday Mystery Quilt. It is absolutely gorgeous. I  have the first 3 steps completed, and I have everything cut for the final step. But, it's on the back burner till the end of the week.

We are heading north to Lake Erie.  During our stay we will visit our longarm quilter, Sandy Erwin. There is a new quilt top to drop off. Jana wants to check on the status of Papa Don't Peek, as she is anxious to see it quilted. Her dad's birthday is still several months away, so there is plenty of time.

This might seem a little crazy, but on my last visit I joined the Ohio Star Quilt Guild in Port Clinton. Yes, it is nearly a four hour drive. But we visit several times a year. And they are nice. One of their project is quilt blocks on buildings. We will be on the lookout for these and try to identify the name of the quilt blocks.

Quilt Block at Our Sunset Place on Sand Rd, Catawba Island, Oh



There just happens to be a quilt shop, Nautical Needle too, I would not be right to go without checking that out. Finally we are fishing and swimming and doing nothing but relaxing.

In between the Craftsy BOM and Bonnie's Lazy Sunday I did manage to complete a baby quilt for a co-worker. It's the first quilt I designed, pieced and quilted. It's not exactly a masterpiece. But she was happy with it. That's all that matters.

A gift for baby Luna. 
I was so happy to find Goodnight Moon fabric. And I found a fun stripe with bunnies and bears sitting on quarter moons. It is delightful. Part of the fun in making quilts for someone is finding that perfect fabric that is
meaningful to the recipient.


I mentioned that I joined Ohio Star Quilters Guild. They are a great group and very gracious to let me be a long distant member. My first project with this group is a Round Robin. I have never done one and I am looking forward to this little quilting adventure.   The Round Robin starts with a 12.5 inch block. My block is below. I chose it because Port Clinton is a place to meet with quilting friends. (my little symbolism). On our visit, this block gets dropped off and soon I'll receive a block to add a border to. Fun! Fun! Fun!
Have a great week everyone! 

Meeting Point Block






















No comments:

Post a Comment