Sunday, February 9, 2014

Finishing up old projects and moving on to new.

This week has been productive. I got Bonnie Hunter's Lazy Sunday back from the long arm quilter and have finished the binding. I have a label (somewhere). Once I find and attach the label it's ready for use. I love this quilt. I love the colors and the design. One thing that I don't love, is the size. I think it is a twin, so it is tall, but not so wide. I have no twin beds, and I really want to use this quilt. I tried draping the long size across the bed and I think it will work. I learned a neat trick from my long arm quilter who own the Bed and Breakfast, Our Sunset Place. She has white comforters on all her beds and quilts on top. This allows her to use various size quilts. They look fabulous.

Place length wise across the bed.

I've also been playing with my camera and taking "glamor" quilt shots. I really have no idea what I am doing, but I have fun playing with the camera and the quilts.


Pretty as a picture. Backing and binding is purple.

Another fun project I worked on this week is in my Round Robin Project. This level is a six inch border made up of squares. I spent days walking around the block, think about different ideas. Several things I considered where not within my skill level. This is done and ready to go back to Port Clinton for the next Ohio Star Quilt Guild. Only one more round to go.  I am curious to see what my block is looking like.




Last project to be completed is this throw size quilt. I debated about the binding. I thought I would use a tan or brown. Nothing seem to speak to me, so I started sorting through my stash and found a complimentary aqua blue. My long arm quilter picked a nice batik for the back. You can not tell from the picture, but the back has some teal petals so the aqua binding goes well with the backing too.  I really like how it turned out. I will put it in the mail this week . I hope the person it is intended for likes it. It's a surprise. He has no idea a quilt is coming his way.



 With these out of the way I am going to start the Quilting for Accuracy Delightful Star quilt.
Check out the link on this blog.  There is a new lesson every week or so. I hope to start the first lesson this week and have several to show next week. They are already on lesson three, so I have some catching up to do.

Thanks for checking in.

1 comment:

  1. Good idea to use a white comforter under a quilt. I got a closeup of your "glamor shot" and you're right - that's the word for it - glamorous.
    Lillian

    ReplyDelete