Now it's time to get on with sewing. This has been a productive week and weekend. First on the agenda is the quilt for Aunt Eva. Last blog I shared a LaScala print that I hoped would be the border. Unfortunately no one, and I mean no one, liked it. It was sent to the floral bin and I decided on a simple border. I agree that this shows off the graphic design of the quilt much better. The floral would have clashed and been a distraction. It ready to go to the Longarmer. And a search of the stash found more wide background fabric! Although I did not take a picture of the finished quilt you get the idea. Keeping it simple I added a cream border.
|OMG-forgot to take a picture of the finished quilt.|
One of my favorite things to do is sew with my granddaughter.We have lots of fun together. We work hard. Sometimes we talk too much and make mistakes. But as Jana says, "it happens", and that's why we have seam rippers. For us it as much about the process as the outcome. Jana, 12 years old, has been sewing for nearly four years and is becoming a very talented quilter. We made this quilt for her mother. Ohio Star quilters also helped as this was my BOM for the local quilt guild. There were extra blocks. Jana picked a few and made a few more for this pillow to go with the quilt. Her first pillow entirely on her own. Yeah Jana.
|Jana and Smokey Mountain Majesties Quilt and Pillow|
Last task for the weekend was binding the two quilts below. This coming week I hope to get at least one more done. These where finished on the machine as they are utility quilts that will get lots of use. Which is exactly what I like.
|Autumn Happy Trails|