Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Cathedral Stars first, Partial seam blocks second and Row by Row trailing behing.


Wow, I can't believe it been nearly a month since my last post. Time has  flown by and I have been busy. I pushed myself to finish the Cathedral Stars quilt. It's quilted and bound. I am satisfied with the end results. There are some seams that do not match up, but since it is so scrappy it does not show.  I love the red and purple ladder blocks and feel they really add a zing to the quilt.
Cathedral Stars-Bonnie Hunter Pattern
For now my obsession with partial seam blocks has been satisfied. I completed two Christmas quilts and one queen size using my blue stash. The blue quilt still has to be quilted.But my Christmas quilts are quilted, bound and labeled. I  fell in love with this bunny fabric and one quilt is built around that fabric. I've also completed a red, white and green Christmas quilt for my daughter.  I quilted these with a panto called ribbons.
Fabrics mostly from stash

I fell in love with this fabric.                                                                                                                     


Christmas Hearth
Detail of Christmas Hearth     
Fabric I auditioned for my daughter's quilt (some of them anyway)


Two other Christmas quilts have been completed. One for my eldest son. It is called Winter Tumbler. I also used the ribbon design for the quilting for this quilt. It is not too dense and almost looks like the wind blowing across the quilt.

Winter Tumbler
And finally finished the winter quilt for my youngest son.
detail of quilting, I've already forgotten the name of the panto I used.

Both of these quilts have flannel back so they will be nice and cozy this winter. So done at last. I'm feeling relieved that my Christmas projects are completed.















That leaves the Row by Row. We've made trips to Maysville and Dry Ridge, KY.  We have been to Waynesville and Goshen Ohio. I've collected my eight patterns. Now I have only to finish the rows. It appears that will be a challenge. This appliqué is not my cup of tea. For now I am doing the rows, row by row, but not stitching the applique down. I'm only ironing them in place. I do have two new Rows done (with exception of stitching the appliques in place).  One is paper pieced.  They are from Loveland, Ohio and Sanibel Island.FL.



Loveland Quilt Studio and Crazy Ladies @ Sanibel Island,                  
I am currently working (getting started) on the row from Dry Ridge, KY. We had a cool weekend, and I used that time to work in the garden and begin the process of getting it cleared and cleaned out for winter. There was a wonderful breeze and beautiful skies. I don't remember what kind of clouds these are, but I thought they where beautiful.



Hope everyone has a wonderful week. Hopefully I have a few more rows to share at my next posting. I don't believe in UFO's, so I think I have quite a task ahead of me. God willing I'll be able to get them done.

No comments:

Post a Comment