Wednesday, December 25, 2013

What a lovely quilty Christmas.

This Christmas has been especially joyful. There was a touch of snow, not enough to cause a problem. We talked or visited with our relatives.Our holiday guests enjoyed themselves, and there where not lots of leftovers, just enough for picking. It seems that every one's mood was good and any worries where set aside as we shared our blessings and enjoyed each others' company.

I made a lap quilt for a family member. It was a surprise. I will as little nervous about the gift as I did not know if she really like quilts, and I was so happy that she does. .

Snow Man Square Dance


This morning I was pleasantly surprised that most of my gifts had to do with quilting. I received an ironing tool, a magnifying light, a new seam riper tool, a new rotary cutter, some masterpiece thread, and finally a little kit to attach to the sweeper for keeping the sewing machine clean between servicing. Woo Hoo. I am one happy girl.


Christmas goodies

I also got a new quilt book. I admit I picked this out. What I like about this book is that it's more about the history of the blocks than a how to book. I enjoy reading about quilts, and especially their history. I like understanding what influenced the design of a particular quilt or block. Making a Civil War Sampler is not on my agenda for this year, but I am sure to get many hours of enjoyment reading this book.



My last wonderful gift was a gift card to our local quilt shop from my eldest son. Now that is something that won't go to waste!

He gave me a card to the LQS-I gave him one to Amazon for his books.


What is on my agenda for the year? First it's for Jana and I to finish our Crafts BOM for 2013. If you follow this blog you know I sew a lot with my granddaughter Jana. We are each doing our own 2013 BOM. Mine is made from reproduction fabrics and her is hip and modern. I am a step ahead of Jana. But mine has been on hold so I can work on Bonnie Hunter's newest mystery.  We hope we get our quilt tops completed by the end of January. I am not sure if there will be another Craftsy BOM for 2014. We will keep our eyes open for new opportunities and projects.

I have made on decision for myself. I will be doing Michele Foster's Delightful Stars Quilt-Along. I am sure I won't be able to keep it up...and six of the blocks are paper pieced. I'm not at all comfortable with that process. But I do like the idea of working on accuracy. It will be good for me...even if it is a little painful to do those paper pieces blocks. I will learn some new skill and promise myself not to whine along the way.

Thanks for checking in. Peace and all things good.








Delightful Stars Quilt-Along

No comments:

Post a Comment