Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Easy Street

I have only been quilting for a few years. I am really what McCalls calls an advance beginner. I don't see myself as a traditionalist, but I want to learn new skills with each quilt. With that in mind I have jumped off the deep end and decided to do Bonnie Hunters Mystery Quilt Easy Street. Last year I considered Orca Bay but quickly decided against that when I saw the first instruction.

Step 1
Fabric Selection
Easy Street promises to be "easier"? With a hopeful heart I have picked my fabrics and completed step 1. This first step is simple and was accomplished without problems. A note about the fabrics. I am really drawn to anything organic (design wise). I love plants, rocks,clouds, water, anything that reflects nature. Bonnie suggested we have a focus fabric of gray. I used a Marblehead smokey fabric for my gray. I loved it at first sight. My husband does not get how I can be excited about a piece of fabric that resembles stone or granite. I am sure there are quilters who do understand.

Step 2 is something like 128 flying geese blocks. I am half way through these..It's been rocky, but I'm getting the hang of it. Will post results at the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment