- Mystery Quilts and BOM, ways we quilt together. Update Jume 2016
- The next generation- Jana-June 2016 update
- The first generation: Dorothea Jeanette
- Generation 3, daughter Nicole
- Sandy - My friend and long arm quilter
- NO UFO's- Projects on the tarmac. still waiting for take off January 2017
- Papa - Don't Peek!-10/01/2013
- What Started It all
- Remembering Barbara - Little Sister
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
What started it all.
longarm quilter. I shared my desire to learn to quilt when I retired. She challenged me with a WHY wait. I took the challenge and when we return the following year I had my first quilt. I based it on a picture I took from the deck at Our Sunset Place. I called the quilt Catawba Memories. The only thing I knew about quilting was you should use a quarter inch seam. Ignorance is bliss! With no preconceived ideas to get in my way I just picked fabrics that represented our favorite vacation place, Catawba Island, off Port Clinton, Ohio. The first quilt is above. I call this blog Quilting Together because whether it's sharing work on Quilter Club of American, problem solving with friends, or having fun with my granddaughter, quilting is most certainly about giving, sharing, and being with others. In future blogs I'll shared some about my process, trial and errors and the quilting fun I have with my granddaughter.