Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Easy Street - Step 7

Things are winding down for Easy Street Mystery.  You may wonder what happened to Step 6. It only consisted of putting a piece of background fabric on a flying geese. Mission was accomplished fairly easy. Step 7 of Easy Street consisted of 12 large triangles and 4 small triangles. I placed two triangles together to make a block.  I was so excited to see the star.Until the design was revealed and I saw I was wrong. And my imagination was just getting away with me. The reveal was released this morning and it turns out these are actually corners and edges.

You may recall when I first did the step 5 with the houses I did them all wrong and made them purple with teal roofs. I had to do a second set the right way. Well I decided to go ahead and use a few of
them in some of these blocks. I actually like they way they look.

An Example of Two Triangles from this Step.














I mentioned in my last post that I was waiting for more fabric. I am still waiting, but I decided to go ahead and use some of my original fabric for 3.5 inch squares in the reveal Block A  The larger blocks show the variation in the fabric.  I also found some quilt backing that is working well for the background blocks. I still need more fabric, but this has kept me sewing until UPS knocks on my door. The last blocks and reveal was posted on Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville this morning.. The blocks are going together fairly well.

These are the four corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment