The last design change was adding the cornerstones on each border. I decided I needed them on the new row and just carried them through to the end of the quilt.
|You can see where the first cornerstone is. I felt the quilt would be out of balance if I carried the side panels across the bottom. The cornerstone worked better||.|
Actually the last design change was the border. I had planned on a 6 inch border with the gold pine trees fabric. When I got the fabric I realized the the gold was a lot bolder than I expected. I ran the idea past my son, who also felt it was a little bolder than he liked. I cut back the border to 4 inches. Then added a final border of the Diawabo Selection (for E.E. Schenck Company). I felt it set the quilt off and provided consistency throughout the quilt. The colors in this fabric had some of the same colors as the center panel.
So the top is done. It seems to be a recurring theme, but I am waiting for fabric for the back. Hopefully I will have it by the end of he week.
|quilted and bound 2-22-2013|
|Corner detail after quilted and bound.|
|Close up of quilting|